Today’s Guest: Robin Walker, Business Strategist
Robin offers a unique combination of teaching and business experience when speaking and leading female business owners.
Her down to Earth and encouraging personality help women feel comfortable sharing and reaching for big goals. She creates a space for women to be bold and then gives them the tools, coaching, and accountability to take action.
Robin is a fifth generation entrepreneur and has been running businesses since she left teaching to be home with her 3 kids. She has experience in product and service based businesses, both online and in person. She founded and hosts the Lakeside Conference, Lakeside Retreat, and numerous meetups and workshops for her local audience.
When we start a business, especially as a teachers with no business training, and we often skip steps along the way. Not on purpose, and not to cut corners, but because… we do. Robin suggests going back and going over some of the basics; have you figured out your target client? Do you have a way to attract them going back and really filling in all the steps we may have missed when we jumped right to how do I get more paying customers.have you figured out your target client?
Do you have a way to attract them going back and really filling in all the steps we may have missed when we jumped right to how do I get more paying customers. Being raised by a teacher and an entrepreneur, Robin wanted to be a teacher and a stay at home mom. She taught 1st grade, 5th grade, been an aide, a support position, and a sub, but when she had her daughter she knew she wanted to stay home.
But the contentment didn’t last long – the desire to do more, learn more, be more crept in, and Robin started looking for ways to bring in some money while being a mom, and teaching part time. First teaching continuing education classes to preschool teachers, then at at-home daycare. But, like many entrepreneurs, it took a few hits and misses to figure out what she really wanted to do.
- Your first business doesn’t have to be your life-long business
- Don’t let perfectionism get in the way of what you have to offer
- Sometimes you have to let go of a business you like to grow a business you love
- Everything you do is adding to your skill, life hacks, and bag of tricks
Connect with Robin
Enroll for free now!
Never be stuck for what to share on your blog, podcast, or video show again! In this 5-day challenge you’ll create an idea bank to keep you creating for the next 6 months… at least!
This challenge mini-course is perfect for you if you:
- Have been wanting to start a blog, podcast, or video show, but don’t feel confident you have enough to share.
- Have a business and want to start attracting more customers by growing your audience and authority.
- Already have a blog, podcast, or video show and you haven’t been consistent with creating content.