Our Mission to Empower Educators
We help educators take control of their financial future by
building a sustainable income stream through blogging.
Here’s What I Know…
- While supervising clubs, coaching sports, or advising student activities are options, those side hustles often take up a lot of your time for little pay.
- When teachers blog regularly, even when their blog isn’t about education, your students benefit.
- Every teacher should give yourself an hour a day to do something that lights you up.
- If you can handle a 21st century classroom, you can handle the tech of a blog.
Teachers have an infinite number of choices when it comes to side hustles, so what make blogging so perfect for teachers?
Blogging is the only business has all 4 qualities of an ideal teacher side hustle:
- Allows for flexible hours
- Utilizes your teaching skills
- Lets you be your own boss
- Provides multiple streams of income
Where do I start?
If you’re new to blogging, check out these blogcasts for first steps you can take to get started.
Be Part of the Community
In the Start Your Teacher Blog Facebook group you’ll find like-minded people who are in all stages of building a blog. As a member you’re welcome to ask and answer questions, engage in prompts to grow your blog, and find kindred spirits who truly understand the path you’re on.
Never be stuck for what to share on your blog again! In this 5-day challenge you’ll create an idea bank to keep you creating for the next 6 months… at least!
This challenge-style mini-course is perfect for you if you:
- Already have a blog, podcast, or video show and you haven’t been consistent with creating content.
- Have been wanting to start a blog, podcast, or video show, but don’t feel confident you have enough to share.
- Have a business and want to start attracting more customers by growing your audience and authority.
Meet the Teacher behind Side Hustle Teachers
I’m Stacey! Teacher, mom, and blogger. I started my blogging journey in 2012 and now I’m on a mission to help other teachers discover the joy of earning passive income through blogging.
I’ve been teaching for 20 years and understand the challenges that come along with being an educator with a side hustle. I created Side Hustle Teachers to be the go-to place for teachers who want to make money outside the classroom without burning themselves out.
Most Recent Posts
It’s easy to dismiss the choice of hosting companies for your blog as an unimportant decision. On the surface, all hosting companies seem alike. Isn’t one just as good as another? In a word, no. Your blog host is one of those behind-the-scenes tools that you don’t...
There’s an old saying, “Good fences make good neighbors.” And while I absolutely adore my neighbors, I also absolutely believe this is true. Separation between our homes means that what they do to their house doesn’t impact me, and I don’t have to care about it. When...
Last week I shared some of the financial aspects of teaching that are contributing to a lack of an abundance mindset among teachers. The money teachers expect and earn for teaching definitely wreaks havoc on our money beliefs, and therefore, our bank accounts. But...
When it comes to making money, teachers often struggle. We’ve all seen the stories of teachers who can’t pay their bills, have to choose between putting gas in their car or paying for heat… And while those stories are necessary to keep the realities teachers face in...
One of the first decisions you’re going to make as a blogger is what to name your blog. But before you think about this, you need to know what your niche is going to be. Go back and review this post for assistance with this. Your blog name is the public face of your...
Teaching and education are popular topics for teacher blogs. It makes sense. You’re a teacher. You write about what you know. Sounds perfect, right? Well, here’s an unpopular opinion. Your teacher blog shouldn’t be about teaching… or education… or anything school...